Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Laptops For School

After finishing a simple column I began my search for a laptop fit for my needs. I am taking Opinion Writing, however I am more interrested in photography so while looking for a laptop Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro is a necessity for me aswell as the most common Word accessories. I started out with Dell looking for a notebook that was light to carry around, good graphics, good wireless internet connection, a long life battery, music capability and long warranties for the not-so-careful me. I found the Inspiron 1501 starting at the basic price $499 WITHOUT adding anything. After adding everything I needed for school, writing and photography the price rose from $499 to $1,714!
Laptop prices are beginning to become a bigger hastle with the need for more accessories for school and personal interrests. Prices raising $1215 just for the necessities is RIDICULOUS! Parents and teachers suggest students to get laptops for easier ways to complete homework and to have Word or Photoshop able to be accessed, however when College students, and even some High School students, have little money as it is with a part-time or even no job affording laptop prices becomes a struggle many are unwilling to make leaving the students handicapped in doing their assignments in a way others are able to.
Though studies show laptop prices are dropping for the basics they are still too high for many to afford. Adding more discounts for students could help out alot.

gotta go sorry!

No comments: